Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Veteran's Day


Reading the paper this morning I was saddened that another New Mexico soldier had been killed in Iraq, bringing the total from New Mexico to 54. He was a young man, only 25 years old, and his name was Army Spc. Tony Carrasco, Jr. There have been 4180 or is it 4181 now, deaths of US soldiers in Iraq so far. There have been many more soldiers, before this honorable young man, making the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. I am very thankful that we live in this free country. I want to always be mindful that so much has been given of my behalf. Every veteran in the United States; Thank You for what you have offered to give and what some ultimately did. I owe you all a debt of gratitude. I'm glad when I walk around my neighborhood and see our flag flying, it causes me to remember.
~Jennise Phillips, Associate Broker