Monday, November 2, 2009

Snowfall on the Sandias – as Seen From Placitas


On Wednesday, October 27, the first visible-from-Placitas snowfall made its appearance on the Sandias. The beauty of the “frosting” on the tips of the peaks from our angle is an absolutely breathtaking site. On that evening after work, as I looked out my south-facing windows just as the sun was going down, I realized that we were going to have the beautiful pinks and blues in the clouds and on the tops of the mountains, and, once again, I ran for my camera. I was just a few seconds late getting onto the west balcony – but the view was still gorgeous, even if it wasn’t as bright as it had been just a mere few seconds before – those seconds it took for me to get the camera and get up the stairs to the balcony. But even though I was just a little too pokey, I’m reminded again of why I am so thankful that I live in this beautiful area – with so many truly beautiful and awe-inspiring sights to behold!
~Eva Marie Renninger, Transaction Coordinator