Wednesday, September 16, 2009


From the kitchen table I am looking out to our little patch of grass (there are some things one just can’t give up!) and our old, tall pine tree which must have been planted the first week the original owners moved in over 45 years ago. Birds galore, and bees, hundreds of them…They have been living in one of our canales for several years and one summer found their way into the unused bedroom. What a surprise that was. Neither my husband nor I have ever been stung, and occasionally I wonder if the hummers ever get a sting, but in reality all species seem to tolerate the other. We keep thinking we will call a beekeeper whose name I have, but the summers go by and it just never happens. Maybe we keep hoping for honey!

My husband just came in, having interrupted the journey of a migrating tarantula, which he will relocate outside the front wall. He is encouraging me to come with him to our vegetable garden to harvest beets, beans, tomatoes, carrots, SQUASH – soon there will be melons of various kinds. Until next time, enjoy the rest of summer and the beginning of fall.
~Marilyn Wilkerson, GRI, Associate Broker